Fifty Shades of Grey beats one million sales record
EL James’s Fifty Shades of Grey has become the fastest adult paperback novel to sell one million print copies.
The first in the erotic trilogy passed the million mark in 11 weeks, smashing the previous record of 36 weeks set by Dan Brown’s The Da Vinci Code.
The book also broke the weekly record for paperback sales, selling 397,889 copies, according to Nielsen Bookscan.
It beat JK Rowling’s The Tales of Beedle the Bard, which sold 367,625 copies in 2008.
Sequels Fifty Shades Darker sold 245,801, and Fifty Shades Freed sold 212,832 across last week, with the entire series outselling the rest of the top 50 by about two to one.
Fifty Shades of Grey is currently the 32nd bestselling book since records began in 1998.
- sunnyblossom said:There is a similar book, written by a person who, for a change, actually can write and doesn’t sound like a moody teenager. It’s called Bared to you.
- mythologyofblue likes this
- prisonerofthemoment reblogged this from myimaginarybrooklyn and added:
- conor-cymex reblogged this from myimaginarybrooklyn and added:
- dablondewitch said:I tried to read it as well and failed. I’m am now happy to announce my pod must not have hatched yet.
- postedthoughts said::| I have to agree. Maybe not shitty writing, but more… inappropriate. By all means, I’m not conservative… I’m a woman. nay a lady. and I honestly felt violated :( I didn’t read the whole book, just a few pages here and there. blech!
- myimaginarybrooklyn posted this